Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

Milk and Honey was my first ever poetry book. I honestly had no idea what to expect from it, other than the fact that it would be filled with poems—but I was wrong. It is not just filled with poems. It is filled with emotions—so raw, real, and relatable. I never thought I needed poetry as much as I did. It is pure magic. It is beautiful. It is an extreme comfort to be able to read something and connect with each word so wholeheartedly. Although this is another woman's story, she tells it in a way that is relatable to every reader. I have been carrying a lot of heaviness in my heart for what feels like ages and reading this helped lift that sadness, anger, and resentment. I have not dealt with everything that she has dealt with as she shares in these poems, but my mind and my heart were with her on every word. I am having trouble coming up with what to say as I am such an emotional wreck. Finding words that can understand one's heartache, one's loss, one's feelings completely and utterly is a rare find. I will recommend this to everyone I know, as well as keep reading it when I need to know that I am more than just my body, or my emotions. Every woman should read this and know that she is powerful, beautiful, and everlasting. 10 out of 10!

Comments

  1. I bought this book for my daughter awhile back. She absolutely loved it.
    Now I must rally read it too. Thank your for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment