Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
I became so engrossed with Eat, Love, Pray that I dreaded the dwindling pages left to read because I knew that the book was almost over. This would mean I was done with this great experience, but it was so well written that I still couldn't wait to finish it.
Elizabeth Gilbert is such an easygoing writer. You wish that you had a best friend a lot like her as you continue to read the book and get to know her. This book took familiar topics—family, relationships, and faith—and explored them through unexpected angles. She divorces and explains facets of that process and the effects of the divorce process that were particularly illuminating. She then takes on the three simple tasks of eating, praying, and loving in three amazing locations of Italy, India, and Indonesia, respectively.
After failing to find this in a paperback resale shop or the library, I was later grateful to have my own copy. I've never underlined so much in a book before. Re-reading some of my own notes on various underlined passages in this book
reveals a lot about the book, also.
The biggest gift I got from the book was feeling like I joined her on her journey step for step and could cheer with her as she finally felt peace and happiness. Her intense dual cravings—spiritual and internal peace—took her through continents of land and emotion. 9/10; give it a try!

Great review! Family, relationships, and faith are so very important. Definitely sounds like a good read.
ReplyDeleteWow cool makes me want to read the book! I heard of the movie but never got to watch it yet.
ReplyDelete